Your Wedding Ceremony Event Song Ideas
On this page you will find a list of religious, classical, opera and romantic songs for your wedding, ceremony or event.
Celebration Songs! works with clients to provide a tailor-made musical programme suitable for their occasion.
If your preferred choices are not listed please ask and I will be happy to prepare and perform them for you.
Please note that by Law no religious music may be performed during a civil wedding service. Any song choices should be agreed with your registrar in advance.
TRADITIONAL RELIGIOUS & ORATORIO
- Ave Maria – Bach/Gounod
- Ave Maria - Schubert
- Panis Angelicus – Franck
- Laudate Dominum – Mozart
- Alleluia – Mozart
- Exultate Jubilate – Mozart
- Rejoice Greatly – Handel from The Messiah
- Let the Bright Seraphim- Handel
This aria from Samson was sung by Kiri Te Kanawa in The Royal Wedding
HYMNS AS SOLOS
- Amazing Grace
- Love Divine
- The Lord is My Shepherd – Goodall (Vicar of Dibley)
- Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer
- I Vow To Thee My Country
- Calon Lan – Traditional Welsh Hymn
- Or your favourite hymn as a solo.
- O Mio Babbino Caro – Puccini
This beautiful aria featured in the film, A Room With A View and can be sung in Italian or English. Taken from the opera Gianni Schicchi, the character Lauretta seeks a blessing to marry the man she loves.
- Voi Che Sapete – Mozart
Taken from the classic and elegant opera, The Marriage of Figaro, Cherubino experiences love for the first time.
- Deh Vieni Non Tadar - Mozart
Taken from The Marriage of Figaro. Susannah sings, "This is at last is the moment so divine and so cherished I longingly awaited". This serene, slow paced aria is ideal for the arrival of the bride.
- Dome Epais- Lakme Flower Duet – Delibes
A favourite operatic gem with a dreamy quality, sung as a solo in French or English.
- Where’er you Walk- Handel
A bright aria taken from the opera Semele.
- Nella Fantasia
This classical crossover music became famous in the film Captain Corelli’s Mandolin. A modern classic with a captivating melody.
- Summertime – Gershwin
Taken from the opera Porgy and Bess.
- O Rejoice That The Lord Has Arisen – Mascagni
Known as The Easter Hymn and taken from Cavelleria Rusticana. (This aria is not suitable for civil weddings)
- Lascia Ch’io Pianga – Handel
From the rarely performed opera Rinaldo (1711). Amirena sings for her beloved Rinaldo in this slow, touching aria perfect with quartet accompaniment.
- Caro Mio Ben – Giordani
This early Italian aria has a memorable even flowing melody. "Come once again, joy of my heart. All love for you to thee alone faithful and true".
- Love’s Philosophy – Quilter
The lyrics to this fast flowing dramatic song are by Shelley and include the lines, "And the sunlight clasps the earth, and the moonbeams kiss the sea, what are all these kisses worth if thou kiss not me?"
- Ridente La Calma – Mozart
This charming canzonetta is graceful and elegant. It’s lyrics translate as: "O come then beloved with gladness unending in sweetest surrender I give thee my heart."
- Simple Gifts
A much loved non-religious song based on the theme of Lord of The Dance.
MUSICAL THEATRE, JAZZ AND LIGHT MUSIC
You may wish to select one these songs to complement a more traditional or classical song. Many of these songs are suitable for the drinks reception selection.
- Summertime – Gershwin
- Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man of Mine
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square – Sherwin
- Fields of Gold – Eva Cassidy
- All I ask of you – Lloyd Webber
- Over the Rainbow – Arlen
- The Way You Look Tonight- Kern
- We Have all the Time in The World – Barry
- First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- I could have danced all night – from My Fair Lady
- Moon River – Martini from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Be My love – Brodszky
- Plaisir D’Amour – Martini
- Love Changes Everything – Lloyd Webber
- Something Good- Rogers from Sound of Music
- Let there be Love – Rand
- Tonight – Bernstein from West Side Story
- My Favourite Things – Rogers from Sound of Music
- I’m in love with a wonderful guy – Rogers from South Pacific
- Dream a Little Dream
- It’s De-lovely! - Cole Porter
- Perfect Year- From Sunset Boulevard
- There’s a place for us – Bernstein from West Side Story
- Whistle Down The Wind – Lloyd Webber
- You’ll Never Walk Alone –Rogers from Carousel
- Being Alive - Sondheim
- And this is my beloved – from Kismet
- I will wait for you – Legrand
- What are you doing the rest of your life - Legrand
- Someone to watch over me – Gershwin
- Songbird –Eva Cassidy
- This is the Moment – Bricasse
TRADITIONAL WELSH SONGS
- Begeilio’r Gwenith Gwyn
- Suo Gan
- Ar Lan Y Mor
- Y Deryn Pur
- Myfannwy – Parry
- Calon Lan (Hymn)
DRINKS RECEPTION IDEAS
Lisa is happy to work with you to develop a bespoke set list including your favourite songs. To be performed with Harp, String Quartet, Piano or backing tracks.
- Fly Me To The Moon
An uplifting selection of light jazz and easy listening numbers including I Got You Under My Skin, Let There Be Love, Summertime, Misty, Making Whoopee, What a Wonderful World.
- Nella Fanatasia
Popular classics and modern crossover music including O Mio Babbino Caro, Time to Say Goodbye, Voi Che Sapete, Lakme Dome Epais.
- A Fine Romance
Gorgeous romantic songs for a happy occasion including Be My Love, Fields of Gold, A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square, Love Changes Everything, You’re The Top!We Have All the Time in The World.
- Winter Holidays
Classic feel-good songs perfect for warm drinks receptions on cold days. Including Santa Baby, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Baby it’s Cold Outside and more.
- Some Enchanted Evening
Selection of classic songs from musical theatre and film including Moon River, Bali Hai, De-Lovely! I Dreamed a Dream, Anything Goes! Somewhere Over The Rainbow.